Therefore, our spirits should be fighting the good fight of faith and not to give up easily. We are God’s champions because we have our Lord Jesus who is the greatest Champion that has all the powers and resources to help us to be a conqueror in our complex world. When the church renews her heart and rises up as God’s champion with authority to disarm spiritual forces through prayers, the nation and the church will experience breakthroughs and reforms. And the church in turn, will reach greater heights.
Over the next ten (10) days, let us journey together in prayer and fasting for our nation. In this prayer guide, there are some basic principles and reflections on how to live life as God’s champion. May God enrich and bless your heart during this season of prayer and fasting.
12 hours or, from sunrise to sundown.
• Selective Fast
Fast one full meal a day, e.g. lunch or dinner.
*Note: If you have a medical condition, do seek your doctor’s advice on the type and duration of your fast.
Commit to pray 15 minutes in the spirit every day besides fasting.
Fast and pray together as a family. Decide on one type of fast everyone in the family will commit to, and come together daily to pray for 15 minutes.
• CELL GROUP
During Open Cell, spend time to pray as a group using the booklet. Pray in the spirit for 15 minutes and allow the Holy Spirit to move in your midst.
Love of A
Like No Other
Like No Other
Have you asked God for a worthy cause that you can champion and impact your community? Let us make a quality commitment to rise above average in everything our hands find to do.
• The church to be unceasing in prayer during this season of fasting and prayer.
• God’s sovereignty, and for unity and harmony in our nation.
• Religious freedom and the Federal Constitution to be upheld and honoured.
• God to bless our King, wisdom for our Prime Minister, Cabinet Ministers, Parliament speakers, Senators and “Menteris Besar”.
The truth is, we need not be in the state of fear because we can ask God for His help at all times. What matters is that, you step out in faith believing God to be an overcomer!
• The church to rise up with authority and disarm the powers of darkness of our nation.
• The Gospel to be advanced in cities, villages, and the interiors.
• Protection and wisdom for the police, military and navy to effectively combat crime and restore order; God to watch over and protect their families.
• Exposure of all extremist elements and militant groups in our nation.
Are you often besieged by other voices when you follow God? Will you allow God to break down your walls of “hurt” and allow Him to rebuild your life again?
• Believers to obey God’s word.
• Patriotism – love and loyalty for our nation.
• Unity and wisdom for current government to build a progressive nation of all races.
• Wisdom for our Minister of Education to carry out initiatives and developments for our education system.
Champions don’t think the way ordinary people do. They know what to do at a given time. They take problems and turn them into successes by trusting God.
• Believers to live a victorious life, and be an overcomer.
• Salvation of our families, relatives, colleagues, neighbours and all our “prodigal sons and daughters”.
• Wisdom for the current government to implement policies and initiatives to propel growth and stability in our nation.
• Unity and tolerance among all races for a progressive Malaysia.
Henry Blackaby in his book “Experiencing God” mentioned, “What you do in response to God’s revelation (invitation to the task) reveals what you believe about God. True faith requires action”. Our faith needs to be expressed outwardly through action.
• Supernatural faith to be evident in the lives of believers and in churches.
• Protection for all churches and other places of worship.
• Godly leaders to be raised up and they will be involved in political arenas and be nation builders.
• Minister of Economic Affairs – wisdom and prudence in managing nation’s wealth and formulating policies to drive Malaysia’s economy.
Are the beliefs and values you stand for in alignment with God’s word? Have you prayerfully made a resolution that you will remain faithful to God till the end, regardless of threats or worldly pursuits?
• Christians to be strong in the word, and be “salt and light” to the nation.
• Our nation to continuously uphold the institution of marriage between man and woman.
• Wisdom and boldness for our Energy, Technology, Science, Climate Change & Environment Minister - protection of our natural resources and environment, and to combat against plastic dumping by other nations.
Love of a Champion
Godly friendship is priceless. Many people only show loyalty when something benefits them, but this should not be so. We are to love and respect one another as we conform our lives into the image of Christ.
• Believers to remain united, strong, loyal and to love one another.
• All church denominations to work together for nation building.
• Continuous favour, peace, stability and blessing on our nation.
• Divine intervention against lawlessness and immorality – gangsterism, prostitution, sexual perversion, rape, incest and child slavery.
Up Spiritual Muscles
Are you still on track with GTPJ Bible Plan? It is not too late to start and follow the Bible plan. Extended time in prayer gives us strength to handle difficulties and make major decisions wisely.
• Believers to be strong in word and prayer.
• Powerful outpouring of the Holy Spirit in all churches.
• The next generation to be raised up as dynamic and competent leaders, in order to lead the nation.
• Believers to influence the marketplace – business, government, media, arts and entertainment, education, the family and religion.
“Jesus lives right and makes life right with others. In Jesus’ code, to love is to be just. To be just is to love.“ Identify people whom you know and are not like us. They may be tolerated, but are they really welcomed in our midst?
• Compassion for the poor, marginalized, widows, orphans and migrants.
• Rumah Juara, Heritage and Elderly Home, Lifezone Drug Rehabilitation Centre, Daily Bread Food Bank, and Glad Shop – to have continuous impact on our community.
• Wisdom and righteousness for our Attorney-General, judges and lawyers in upholding justice.
Will you be like Nehemiah, rise up to the occasion and allow the Spirit of God to make you a prayer champion - of our city with hope and lost souls with eternal life?
• More prayer intercessors to stand in the gap for the nation.
• More prayer watches that are filled with fresh anointing and power to be established in our nation.
• Families - strong biblical foundations, godly values and hedge of protection.
• The church to be visibly impacting our community.
Prayer & Fasting