Glad Tidings Lay Counseling Ministry (GTCM)
Our Counseling Ministry provides free counseling to all, regardless of race and religions. It aims to share God’s love via people helping activities which based on the integration of both biblical principles and psychological insights. GTCM provides a safe place for people to share their problems and struggles, with a strictly private and confidential approach between the lay counselor and counselee.
Who does counseling in GTCM?
A team of lay counselors serve in GTCM. Lay counselors are not licensed counselors. They are passionate people helpers who are willing to employ skills and techniques designed to bring about desired changes in the clients. All lay counselors are selected carefully and sufficiently trained.
GTCM is located at the second floor of GTPJ church office building (next to Focus of the Family office).
· No. 6, Jalan 13/4, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
· +603–7958 2777
What type of services currently available?
• Provides counseling services to children, young people, adults, couples and families.
• Provides psychoeducation such as seminars and workshops aimed at increasing awareness of mental health issues and also providing support groups, when the need arises.
• Provides referrals to appropriate external professionals or agencies for those seeking further help in situation where more specialized skills are required.
How to access to counseling services?
1. Call GTPJ church office general line during office hours to make an appointment. Please request specifically for “Staff-in-charge of Counseling Support”.
2. The GTCM ministry administrator will assign the case to an appropriate lay counselor.
3. Caller will receive confirmation of appointment within 2 working days.
4. For cancellation of appointment, we appreciate notice of at least 24 hours in advance so that the time slot can be assigned to someone else.